RE: Sporting Snooze

The jury is still out on these moves.

If Billups turns out to be a good 2 guard, out of position in Boston,
Anderson's knees go south,  and Travis and Battie play both like they did
in their rookie seasons,  these could look like bad moves in the long run.
 I think Billups had 25 the other night.

Mercer & Pierce were no-brainers, so other than gaining a lot of youth, we
still have little to show if we still get killed in the middle or outplayed
by more veteran teams.

The Eric Williams deal has not turned out to look like anything more than a
wash as Mills, Jones & Thomas couldn't cut it,  and McCarty has to show
more consistency especially on the defensive side.

On Tuesday, February 02, 1999 2:28 PM, peter delevett
[SMTP:pdelevett@amcity.com] wrote:
> How can anyone question dealing Chauncey Billups for Kenny Anderson and
Travis