Re: Dwayne's nose: Battie's groin - rename the practice facility ?

jim_meninno@hotmail.com (Jim Meninno) wrote :

>> Looks like Antoine is not the only person inflicting pain during practice.
According to the Herald...

On Saturday at practice, Schintzius took an accidental elbow to the face from
Tony Battie, breaking his nose. He practiced with the team yesterday, but did
not take part in the scrimmage. Officially, he's listed as day-to-day.

``It's disappointing to have something like this happen but it's not going to
be a big deal,'' Schintzius said. ``Anyway, Drew (Andrew DeClercq) got back at
Tony for me (yesterday). He hit him in the (groin).''  <<

I love it.  Maybe they should change the name of the practice facility to "The
House of Pain".  If they play like that against the other teams, we may get
farther than anyone expects :-)

Seriously, while I hope they cut down on the injuries, if this reflects their
enthusiasm for playing hard, that's a good sign.  Also Dwayne's comments
indicate a strong desire to play.  So far so good.

Hank M.