Re: prediction

31 wins in my humble opinion and a run at the 4th seed in the playoffs.
A 60%+ winning percentage translates to around 50 wins over an 82 game
schedule, which many a betting man would predict from a Pitino-coached
second-year team.

IMHO, our Celts are a more talented group than Pitino's second-year New
York Knicks team, assuming you agree that Antoine and Ewing are roughly
equivalent in statistical value. The '99 Celtics are also a better team
overall IMO than the '99 Knicks, because of frankly far superior
coaching, chemistry and able-bodied youth (no worn-and-torn old bones).
The '99 Celtics BTW easily have more talent than the NFL's division
champion New York Jets, and I like to think Pitino is far closer in
coaching ability to a Bill Parcells than to a Pete Carroll.

I think it is realistic to predict that Kenny will put up late-career
Tiny Archibald All Star stats (14ppg 10ast) and that he will have three
kids to pass to who will each finish the year averaging over 15 ppg on
over 45% FG shooting (and who will be raring to raise it all a notch
during the playoffs). Let's remember that Mercer averaged 18.1 ppg over
the second half of last year and that Antoine was averaging more than 4
assists and 11 rebounds per game at midseason, before all those double
teams and 40+ minute nights of Pitino-ball wore him out.

I can't wait to see Mercer v. Sprewell in the playoffs. Or Pitino v. da
Bird. Or Pitino v. El Greaso Mucho.

"Beat LA in 2000"

Joe

P.S.  I suggest that you all better not crinkle your Paul Pierce rookie
cards.

****