Re: go get this guy...

In a message dated 12/29/99 8:38:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
damekmo@teleport.com writes:

<< Did he get along fine with Riley? I seem to remember him getting suspended
 or benched for a time under Riley, or was that during the "Time of
 Nelson".....but I could be all wrong. However, I love Mason.  >>

Mason performed well for Riley and probably got along with him as well as any
of his coaches.  He got in hot water in NY more for off the court
"adventures" than for team related matters but I seem to remember Riley
suspending him mysteriously with the details very hush-hush.  Mason is what
he is -- a pain in the ass who comes to play.  He defends very well, passes
very well, can score, but loves to dribble away the 24 second clock.  I think
the biggest obstacle to a trade would be satisfying Charlotte within the
constraints of the salary cap.  They might take less than equal value but
won't want garbage either.

George