The Pitino List

>>Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 00:11:39 -0500
From: "R. Bentz Kirby" <bocelts@usit.net>
Subject: Pitino list

I would like for those who want Pitino fired to state that to the list.
It occured to me that this team is a .500 team that has been severely
hampered by injuries.  By the end of the year, if it gets healthy, it
could be a good team.  If that happens, I would like to poll those
members again in the future.  Of course, if the team goes down the tube
and Pitino gets fired, they can be on the list that predicted it.  I
just have a feeling that this team is going to come on strong when
Fortson and Pierce get back.

Who wants to go on the Pitino list?<<

This kind of "list" thing seems awfully (and needlessly) divisive.

What if no one signs up (gee, do people really want to sign up to have a
bulls-eye placed on their back?) - do we declare it a "victory" for the
pro-Pitino "silent majority"? Are we going to have a "Pitino fan club" list
of those who feel he can do no wrong? Do we line up and shoot the folks
from the "losing" list? And if someone is on one list or the other do we
just stop reading their posts because we already "know" what they're going
to say?

Put me down as being on the "would like to see Pitino become a better
game-general" list. If you want to interpret that as putting me in a "nabob
of negativism/fire Pitino" pigeon-hole that's fine by me. Every Celtic can
improve their performance in one area or another and I don't see why Pitino
would be an exception. I think judging by his commentary that a fellow by
the name of Tommy H. (former championship coach) is at the top of this
particular list.

I don't want Pitino fired (yet I do reserve the right to change my mind),
but I DO want him to improve his performance in certain situations. I wish
Pitino and EVERY member of the Celtics success.

- Tom Murphy