Re: Adrian Griffin

----- Original Message -----
From: Dan Forant <dforant1@nycap.rr.com>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Friday, December 24, 1999 6:12 AM
Subject: Re: Adrian Griffin

 > We're glad you found us. I like your pick, Adrian, at this point I
 > would say he's mine also. He was an underdog to begin with and came
 > to the top, I like that. We defnitely would not have the wins we
 > have now without him.

Thanks.  Now with Adrian, at first, I was captivated toward him
because of of his HUGE BEAUTIFUL EYES.  (grin).  ooh... I just love
his eyes.

But I digress.  Now, the other, more important, reasons that I pick
Adrian, are that he exudes confidence whenever he is on the court.
When Adrian receives a pass, and goes into his dribble, he performs
like a veteran NBA player.  He has a close to the body dribble, and
can spin in either direction; he is an excellent ball handler.  Next,
he is unselfish, and smartly looks for possible plays to make, whether
a pass, or even an alley oop pass that he made the other night.  In
addition, Adrian can drive the lane to the basket, and he HAS moves
that protect his shot from being blocked.  I have seen him lean his
arm away from a defender while he is in the air.

The most important asset that I think Adrian brings to his game, is
his obvious confidence.  That confidence is a source of intimidation
toward the other team.  When they see Adrian with the ball, they
perceive someone who knows what he is doing, and who will do what he
wants. They dont see someone that they can push over, or even pick the
ball from, because he protects the ball well with his dribbling style.
Yet at the same time, if they have scouted him beforehand, then they
may not count him for much because he is a rookie (is he a rookie this
year?) and so that allows him even more free reign; at least on their
first looks of him.

Overall, I think we will find that Adrian will emerge as one of our
best players.  So, because of the injuries that the team has had, I
am, in a way, glad to see Adrian coming on the court with the first
team, at the opening of games.

LadyNada