From: Juddy <norine@sover.net>
To: celts <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 23, 1999 7:17 PM
Subject: Hero Worship?

> I've read the replies to my post and I still do not think the majority of
those booing Antoine really hate him.  That's a personal thing and one of
the strongest emotions one can have.  And I'm sorry, but whether you're Bob
Ryan or just a member of this list, if you keep referring to hating someone
to me it's a sign of immaturity. Even someone my age can behave in an
immature way whe provoked.  Trust me, I have!
> I agree wholeheartedly that some had unrealistic expectations of AW.  He
is a very good basketball player and can be one of the best and have a great
career, but at this point he is not a superstar and if he isn't ever one, so
what? You can still admire him and his play, and he can still have a great
career.  There are very few real superstars, and it's a little unfair to
just believe someone will be one and then be disappointed if they're not.
This is a team game and if all the parts of a team work as a team and play
to their potential, nobody has a right to complain.  Last night,
undermanned, they did.  Antoine had a very good game, of which he's capable,
and so did others.

> Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now until something gets me motivated to
post again, but this is sounding more like the Antoine Walker list than the
Celtics list.  There are other players to talk about, aren't there?  I mean
no offense to anyone on the list, I just think the more you put anyone down
for not being an Antoine fan the more you alienate them, which is the
opposite of what you are trying to do.  The only one who can make the fans
like him is Antoine.  Period.  Now I'll go back to wrapping presents, which
is among the things others might have been doing today, right?