Re: HATERS??

>From: "Juddy" <norine@sover.net>
>
>I'd like it if we didn't have to hear about "Antoine Haters" again, please?
>  I'd like to believe all the people on this list are mature enough to
>realize that's not true.  If any on the list criticize Antoine for anything
>it doesn't make us "haters"...

Dorine, just because you have a kind heart, don't imagine that everyone else
does.  I can accept criticism of Antoine, or anyone else for that matter.  I
do not feel, though, that it shows a lack of maturity on my part to say that
I think many people that follow the Celtics (I won't call them "fans")
literally hate Antoine.  If you have been to the Fleet since that ugly
period of constant booing last year, I don't see how you can dispute this.
Last night, in the middle of a blowout and with Antoine playing quite well,
he missed a wide open dunk.  I admit I let out a groan at home, but the
crowd reaction seemed to linger forever, and contained several shouted
sentences that I couldn't make out.  I'd be interested to hear from people
who were there.  I can tell you that the times I have gone to games, the
shouting goes WAY beyond mere criticism.

>...I do not hate Walker or anyone else, I hope -

I honestly believe this is true.

Jim

PS for those who have commented on Antoine's lack of dunking recently as
being possible indication of a physical problem, Antoine was 2/3 on dunks
last night including a two handed alley-oop and a one handed jam charging
down the lane off a feed from Kenny.  He didn't seem to have any problem
elevating on either one. The one he missed seemed to be due to mishandling
the pass, although he was completely wide open and had time to gather
himself, he just bricked it off the back of the rim.  I'm sure you all know
what that's like.  It does seem that there isn't a shot Antoine isn't
capable of missing.  See, even I criticize him sometimes.