Re:

Why not judge him as a 15 year player? He probably started playing ball when
he was, what, 8? Jeez, he should be a whole lot better. Let's kill him.

I'm not trying to offer endless apologies for Walker's youth -- like you, I
noticed this is his 4th year in the league. I was merely pointing out that a
number of other players who came out at a similar age took a number of years
to really find their groove.

As for the superstar salary comment, Walker is paid the commensurate salary to
other young players with similar potential. None of them - Raheem, Finley,
McDyess, etc - is exactly making anyone forget Michael Jordan. Even Peter May
has dropped the "Antoine hasn't improved" shtick.

>Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 16:16:22 -0700
>From: Jim McMaster <mcmaster@sweng.stortek.com>
>Subject: Re: Walker

>I am not a "Walker-hater", but I am getting sick and tired of this "poor
>Antoine is young" crap.  He is in his fourth season.  He is a self-described
>"veteran all-star."  He is making superstar money, and shows no indications
>of becoming a superstar.  Shouldn't he show some signs of improvement other
than a half here and there?

>It was Walker's decision to come out early.  I judge him as a fourth-year
>player, not as a 23-year-old.
- --