Philly? How silly.

Why, pray tell? People on this list already complain ad nauseum that the
Celtics don't have enough reliable scorers. So how would trading 1 of our 2
reliable scorers be a good thing? Ratliff and Hughes would never replace
Walker's firepower in the lineup. (To say nothing of his ball handling, etc.)
How on earth would you make a rotation of Vitaly, Ratliff, Battie & Fortson
work? Does Pierce go back to 3, letting a very callow Highes play the 2? I
just see nothing to recommend this "deal." And how is Hughes "an equal talent
to Walker given time," yet you're not willing to give the 23-year-old Walker
"time?" At least be consistent.

Georgek27@aol.com wrote:

>While I'm not an advocate of trading Walker, if we could get Ratliff and
Hughes for Walker and maybe Pervis + McCarty or Barros to make the salaries
work then l'd have to do it.