Re: Iverson Wants Out?

Dan Forant wrote:

> The depth of the talent we're paying for.

That is a very difficult statement to support other than in a mere statement.
We all know what Antoine is capable of doing so the depth of talent is not in
the question. We know that he is a big game player. The trick imho is to put
into the psychy of Antoine that every game is a big game.

I'm glad that he came out and dropped 36 playing against the Mailman, but if he
did it on a consistent basis I dont believe you'd be desiring to trade him for
a player below his talent level such as an Allen Iverson. Iverson has one skill
and one skill only and I dont believe that he would have that skill if he
wasn't so athletic. If Iverson ever has a serious leg injury then his career is
basically over. If he loses that speed (and he will eventually otherwise the
level of competition will just keep getting closer) then his driving ability
will not be the same. His scoring ability will then diminish.

I hope for his sake that he doesn't go through an injury like Tim Hardaway did,
because he simply has yet to prove that he has that much skill outside of what
he is currently doing. Antoine will hopefully add that consistency and psychy
to his game, Allen may have aleady reached his peak.

Allen Iverson for Antoine Walker right now is a wash at the moment, but in the
future if Rick did such a trade then it could really come back to haunt the
Celtics for a very long time. Its a trade I wouldn't make.