Re: Credit Pitino with the loss

I don't get it Alex. So you can comment on the Celts but the rest of us
can't? Or we can say positive things but not negative things? Also, you don't
think that perhaps some of us have played a little ball or even coached it?
Do you have to be a grand master at chess before you can comment on the pros
and cons of a move? Like I have said before, this is just basketball,
something most of us have played and possibly coached before. It isn't brain
surgery. If you have ever coached any kind of organized sports, you would
have an opinion on how Pitino is handling is players. Perhaps it is because
you don't think the Celtics are any better than their record. I do. You can't
have it both ways, Alex. Their record is their record. It cannot be changed.
Either the Celtics players are no better than their record or they could be
coached better ( a couple of tweaks). BTW, some of the things I have said,
Tommy Heinsohn has also mentioned...

<This is exactly what I'm talking about. You'd be happier if Dana
didn't play at all. But when Pitino does exactly what you ask for and
barely plays Dana, you criticize him. Don't you think that this is
completely unfair? Didn't Kenny have a better game than Dana? Wasn't
it better for Kenny to get more minutes then, regardless of whether
Dana hit a single jumper without hesitation? And Dana certainly can
miss jumpers without hesitation too; I really doubt that you can tell
whether a player is "hot" from how a single shot looks.>

You kind of went off the deep end here. As I have said before, I prefer
Overton over Dana. Anderson has to be substituted sometime during the game. I
prefer Overton. However, Pitino PLAYED Dana and to my subjective eyes, Dana
got hot in the fourth quarter of the previous game. He seemed to continue
that in the next game by looking for his shot and taking it in rhythm. Now
that the hand had already been dealt, I would have played the cards and see
what would have come out. Yes, it is just my judgement and you can think I am
full of it. It is just my opinion. However, in any organized sports, if a
player plays a lot better than he has in a game, normally you look to see if
he still has it in the next game. I would have left in for a little longer,
or at least until he missed a shot...The biggest point that I was trying to
make was the contrast of how when Dana is struggling (my subjective opinion),
Pitino leaves him in there but when he seemed to be coming out of his funk
and getting hot (my subjective opinion), he pulled in out early with short
minutes...

DJessen33