Re: BSG on Antoine

Looks like Antoine's traditional two biggest supporters, BSG and Joe
Hironaka, have dropped him like ABC dropped Ellen after she came out.
Honestly, I don't see the big deal about the tustle with the fans.  That fan
was way out of line, in my opinion, and I'd have had a few words for him if
I were 'Toine.  Sure he should be smarter than to rub Miami's face in the
dirt, but that's the kind of thing that his supporters have always found to
be evidence of his intense fire to win (or at least get one up on certain
other players).  He gets blasted if he scores 49 and loses, now he gets
blasted for having an off night, even though the team wins.  How many times
in the past have I listened to people saying "I don't care if he scores 50
points or 5, as long as the team wins he played a good game".  Well, you
know what?  It's bull!  The only way he'll ever be able to win in some
people's eyes is if he gets MVP type numbers and the Celtics win the
championship.  And even then he'd have a fair number of detractors.  I can
accept if people simply don't like the guy.   There've been players I don't
like.  I just wish people would be honest about it, like BSG did.

Interestingly (to me), I'll be going to the game tonight.  I didn't know it
when I bought the tickets, but I'll get to see Barkley's farewell ceremony.
That's cool.  I also hope to break my string of attending every Celtics home
loss this year (1).  I'll try to keep an eye out for any Antoine-ics, but
from where I'll be sitting, with my head literally and figuratively in the
clouds, I don't expect I'll see much.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Jim