Re: Walker's Evaporating

Pitino essentially substituted like everyone has been clamoring
for. He played basically a seven man rotation (everyone else getting 8
minutes or less). What specifically did you not like about his
coaching today?

As for Antoine, 7-19 with 6 turnovers is not an "A" game but from
watching the game, I wouldn't say he had an "F" game either; that is I
don't think he was the worst Celtic on the floor, which is what this
seems to imply, nor did he have his worst game. He made quite a few
passes to open men who blew the shots and also a good fast break pass
to Pierce who just blew the layup. He took four three pointers but I
don't recall one which wasn't in the flow of the offense as a result
of the team rotating the ball to him, the open man, except for the
very last play. Antoine, along with Anderson, seems to get the bulk of
the "3 seconds left on the shot clock, create something"
responsibility on the team too. There were some disappointing drives
where the defense would collapse and he wouldn't look to pass.

Agreement on Battie, who has put together two fine games in a row.
It seems like he can't sustain his energy for long minutes though,
but I don't blame him because he looked like he was putting out more
energy that everyone else combined. If he could just bring that sort
of fire to every game, we would have quite the player.

To me, this was probably Griffin's worst game as a Celtic, though he
did have a feed to Pierce for an important 3 late in the game. I'm
so used to him doing so many good things that a game like this where
he didn't do much is such a surprise.

Alex