Jerry Jeff Walker and Dorine

> At 08:27 PM 8/31/99 -0400, Dorine wrote:
> >Just to clarify things from my standpoint, "calling the kettle black"
is
> >an expression I heard alot growing up in rural Vermont.  We lived in
> >Boston and in southern NH too, before coming back to Vermont.

Let's see, both the pot and the kettle are black.  If one calls the
other
"black", like he is, and means it as an insult, it means that person is
ignorant as he is the same.  It has nothing to do with race.  It does
have
something to do with common sense.  It's like not understanding what is
really
being said, which is a real problem in our hypersensitive and
politically
correct world.

Well as Jerry Jeff Walker once said:

Cause the pot can't call the kettle black
Cause the trains all runnin on the same track
Can't feel nothing but your life flyin' by
etc.

Dorine, you are right.  Don't give in.

--

Bentz Kirby