Re: Antoine Gets Slammed In Slam

It reminds me of the time Red Auerbach got ejected from an NBA Old-timers game in
the 1980's. I know it can sound like I'm condoning Toine's behavior, but we all
know that the guy plays to win whenever he's on a basketball court (he just
doesn't yet know HOW to win) no matter how boorish his strangely single-minded,
zoned-out, tazmanian devil, court persona may look.

As long as someone's keeping score of a game, I personally don't think it's
"supposed to be for fun." I don't think Larry Bird would have been as successful
if treated games or practices that way, although hopefully he would have shown
better sportsmanship in front of kids. Who knows? Larry Bird was "in the game".
You could have shouted insults at him all night and he probably wouldn't have even
heard or noticed you. Bird wasn't out there to please the fans or mug for the
cameras.

-----