Re: CRAP RUMOR OF THE MONTH..... [or - Mashburn to the Celts for the fifty billionth time]

W wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Another CRAP RUMOR involving... you guessed it.... Jamal Crapburn.
>
> Celtics to work Eric Williams value up to what it could be and to do a
> straight up Mashburn-Williams trade prior to the deadline.
>
> Pat Riley is salivating.

It seems like even value to me. Mashburn, who turns 27 in October, managed
a career high 6.1 rebounds and .451FG% this past year. He is a career 3.2
assist guy (same as Toine) and has averaged as high as 7.56 trips to the
free throw line per game in a season (compare that to Pierce's 4.06 trips
or Mercer's 2.56). He is a career 18.1 ppg game scorer so he can
definitely help the bench unit. Unlike Antoine, he's also a respectable
.730FT% over his career.

On paper, this is not the most even trade from the Heat's perspective.
Eric Williams didn't belong in the NBA last year and he shot less than 40%
the season before that. I'm surprised Riley would even do business with
the hated Celtics, particularly after we swept his team last year.

------