Re: Steve Francis

Steve Francis could probably help the Celtics. But I don't think the
Celtics could beat that offer without including Walker or Pierce.
That first rounder is evidently one that originally belonged to Vancouver
so I wonder if it might be quite valuable. My impression is that they are
also looking to clear some salaries with the trade also, so they probably
wouldn't want to take Battie or Fortson who would have big salary
increases after this year.

Also, I don't think there's anything wrong with a "shoot first" point
guard as long as he's good enough. It's the guys who shoots first at the
expense of better teammates that hurts the team. I wouldn't have minded
adding Marbury, or having Penny at the point, even though you might
consider both of these guys "shoot first" types. The point guard should
get the best shot for the team; for some of these guys, that means calling
their own number quite a bit.

Alex