No Subject

[Derek Anderson] was entering the final year of his contract with the
Cavs. He was negotiating his own contract and said he had submitted a
proposal to Cleveland general manager Jim Paxson.

The next thing he knew, Paxson was informing him of the trade to the Clippers.

"I didn't think $50 million was unreasonable," Anderson said. "I can do more
than (New Jersey's Kerry) Kittles."

Kittles signed a six-year, $50 million deal last year.

"This is a business," he said. "Jim Paxson came to me like a man. I honor
that. I'll miss the fans and the players and guys like (Cavs trainer Gary)
Briggs.

"I won't miss the weather."

The Clippers' shooting guard last year was free agent Eric Piatkowski, whom
they re-signed this week. But Anderson thinks the position is his to lose.

"I'm not worried about anyone," he said. "Hopefully, I'll play 40 minutes.
I could average 25 points a game."

Anderson said he would have been the starting shooting guard with Cleveland
if he wasn't traded.

"I was going to be the starter regardless of where I was," he said. "I would
rather be in Cleveland. I love Wesley (Person) to death, but if you're
talking about winning a championship. . .

"Who's going to break down the defenses? They don't have a slasher or a
finisher. Wes is not going to do that, and neither is Trajan (Langdon).
Everyone knows I'm talented. I don't have anything to prove."