Pitino = terrible GM?

I really think the jury should still be out on this question.  All our
opinions pro & con are being based on either:

a) sentimental attachment to a player
b) a lockout affected season
c) projections of how the new roster will perform.

I remember many list members marvelling over the affect that KA had on the
team when he came here from Portland via Toronto.  Last year for the most
part - he sucked.  Maybe a full training camp and a schedule that allows
practices will fix that.
He still won't play defense but then he didn't when he helped us win games
upon his arrival either.

George