Re: McDonough: Cousy On The Way Out?

Maybe McDonough don't know, doesn't listen to the games, otherwise he'd be
lulled to sleep with the Cous's unexcitable version of the games. The Cous
would do well at blasting sites where noise and agitation are kept to a
minimum. I don't think he burns a calorie for 2 1/2 hrs per game. Maybe he
should lighten up on the meds. Maybe Fox wants it's money's worth for a
change. We are going to have an exciting team this season, it's time for
some excitement from the mike. Guess I was spoiled by Johnny M. To his last
day he didn't act like a relic.

At 06:23 AM 8/21/99 -0400, you wrote:

>                                [The Boston Globe Online][Boston.com]
>                                [Boston Globe Online / Sports]
>

>                                No Cousy? Pointless
>                                <snips>
>                                By Will McDonough, Globe Columnist,
>                                08/21/99
>                                His has been the voice of reason
>                                for the last 25 years, and now,
>                                apparently, the people at Fox Sports New
>                                England are trying to quiet it. The Boston
>                                Celtics without Bob Cousy on the telecast?
>                                That's the talk at the local cable outlet.
>
>                                Fox has given the Celtics a bundle of
>                                money to televise all their games, paying
>                                much more than it should have for the
>                                rights to such a poor team. But now the
>                                word is that it is trying to dump Cousy,
>                                which would be a monumental mistake.
cut