Trades phobia and Pitino bashing

I think our trade phobia comes from hyped up media attention to rumors
and outright falsehoods.  If we merely dealt with the trades Pitino
has made, we would see that he has been less busy than some, moreso
than most, but also--imho--successful in creating a talented squad
after two years.  It's not as if teams were throwing Ray Allen and Van
Horne at him; he's having to pull in people like Fortson and Cheaney
and EW who have shown ability but not stardom.

And the question continues to be raised, "Can he coach?"  Give me a
break!  He hollers, he is slick (a compliment  where I'm from), and he
deals in misinformation.  We may not like his public personna.  But
can Pitino coach?  I guess like all the sports writers out there, some
of our crew will have to see it one more time before they say, "well,
he won at Providence, he won at NY, he won at Kentucky, he had a good
first year with the Celtics, so why are you so surprised that he's
winning now?"

'99-00   Year of the Celtics!

Early morning venting is good for the soul.

Gene