Re: QUOTE TO NOTE

>  QUOTE TO NOTE: "At the end of the day, Danny Fortson is
>  still only 6-7." -- Opposing NBA coach, downplaying the
>  Celtic acquisition.
>
>  And Dave Cowens was only 6-8.... MVP... two championships
>  ... one taxicab.
>
>Bob..after seeing Dave Cowens and Danny Fortson play you want to tell me
>that Fortson moves on defense as well as Cowens and has 1/2 his offensive
>game? Danny's going to defend taller players...Cowens defended taller
>players. I think that's where the comparison stops.

My point is that this fixation on height is rather silly. Ability and
desire matter far more. A better analogy in this case is Paul Silas, who
was only 6'8" as well... a terrific rebounder and defender who won titles
with Boston and with Seattle. Imagine a GM saying, geez, that Bill Russell
fellow is only 6'9". He can't play center.