Of fatigue and courage, Lombardi and Napolean

I ran across this passage in Walden by Henry David Thoreau today which
reminded my of that business a while back of fatigue making us all cowards
(no, really).

"...who had not merely that three-o'-clock-in-the-morning courage, which
Bonaparte thought was the rarest..."

For what it's worth, it seems likely to me that Lombardi, who probably
considered himself to be a great battlefield tactician, studied the famous
French General, and derived that phrase from him.

On that note, I'll be leaving the list for a couple of weeks to go on
vacation.  I truly hope that nothing much happens while I'm gone, because
this is a month or so where no news really is good news, where the Celtics
are concerned.  I, like many on the list, am looking forward to seeing this
team play out the season with the current roster, and prove a lot of people
wrong.

Take care everyone, see you in a couple of weeks,
Jim