Pitino

Tom Murphy wrote:

> In the big picture Cheaney's contract is a rather small risk
> that - given Pitino's ability to rejuvenate careers - could pay off well.

How many careers has Pitino rejuvenated?  People always talk about this
ability, but I don't really see it.

> I agree with Dorine that,
> from what I can gather, Pitino does not seem like a boss for whom I'd want
> to work - or even a particularly likeable person for that matter. Too often
> it seems that his ego is as large (if not larger) and problematic as than
> the egos of the players he has been hired to manage.

Maybe Pitino should offer the playersa a deal: If they move the ball
around, and work for good shots, he'll SHUT UP on the sidelines.  Maybe
Antoine would never take another bad shot... :)

Michael Byrnes
mbyrnes@stanford.edu