Most retarded trade commentary

Dave D'Alessandro of The Sporting News gets my vote for the most
retarded commentary regarding the Mercer/Fortson trade:

"Sure, the Mercer decision was mostly economical - ultimately, the Celtics
would have learned that they can't afford him. But sending him away for
(among others) a former Celtic whom Pitino trashed only a year ago (Eric
Williams) suggests the most laughable form of vacillation, almost like some
Steinbrenner-Billy Martin type of deal."

That is like saying that Philly ripped off New Jersey two years back
by getting the 7th pick in the draft for Don McLean (among others). This
guy truly twists the facts to take a cheap shot at Pitino. We could say
that we got the 4th best rebounder in the league and a probably lottery
pick for Dwayne Schintzius (among others).

Alex