RE: Boston Herald: Celtics Not Shopping Walker At The Moment

Come on Josh, be reasonable. There are others out there who know a thing or
two about basketball who don't share your opinion. Time will tell on this
trade.

I like the trade for both teams. I think Denver gets a nice player (not a
future all-star) and I think Boston got a nice player (not a future
all-star). Those players fit each team's needs. The other players involved
in the trade are numbers. Anyone who expects the Eric Williams of his second
season in Boston is being a cockeyed optimist. And anyone in Denver
expecting Popeye to play 80 games and average 9 rebounds is being the same.

The draft pick, I believe, is what both organizations see as the equalizer
in the deal. Both teams probably felt like Mercer for Fortson wasn't an even
exchange. Throw in the pick and, in their minds, it evens out.

That's my take and I like to think I know a little about basketball myself.
I don't understand this necessity to name a "winner" in every trade. Deals
often play out that way, but the idea is coming up with an even exchange.
Both teams got what they wanted in this trade. Let's judge it down the road.

Mark