Re: Geez ...

> I sure which I could get paid that well for underperforming. This already
> inflates the market for Battie, I'd bet.
>
>  The Toronto Raptors re-signed center Michael Stewart to a six-year, $24
> million contract Tuesday <snip>
>
> "After losing John Wallace to the Knicks, we had to step up to secure our
> talented young big players," Toronto general manager Glen Grunwald said.
> "Michael is an important part of our team's young nucleus and strengthens our
> presence up front along with Kevin Willis and the addition of Antonio Davis."

I think if he was being honest, the quote should actually be, "It kills me
to be paying Michael Stewart this inflated contract because he really didn't
perform last year, but we already agreed to it in an illegal under the table
deal last year when he took less money than Boston offered to sign with us."

Alex