Re: Ryan: Pitino Has An Idea, Since You Can't Have A Plan; No More Babying ofAntoine

>Impossible to have a plan these days in the NBA - too many
>intangibles is the gist of Ryan's column, but Pitino does have an
>idea for next season: pass first and shoot second. And Antoine and
>Kenny better get with the program.....

>                                This just isn't the same NBA Pitino left
>                                in 1989, and give the guy credit for
>                                trying to adjust. Two years ago, he
>                                couldn't understand why a team could no
>                                longer average 116.7 points a game, the
>                                way his '88-89 Knicks did. He knows now.

Give the guy credit for trying to adjust?!? It would've helped if they got
a coach whose head wasn't stuck (careful) back in the late eighties in the
first place. "Defenses are a lot tougher than when I was last in the NBA."
Gee Rick...you think?!? So...there goes two years down the drain. Would it
be unfair to say that this current team is slower at pf, sf, and sg than
last year's team? Is everybody sure that Rick's the right guy to win games
without scoring 116.7 pts./game? Between "pass first/shoot second" a lot
happens on the court which will be determined by Rick Pitino. That will be
part of his so called "program" that everybody needs to get with. Everybody
sure he knows how to win with this apparently new (at least for him)
program? I have to go. More later.

Paul M.