Yeah, groovy baby!

If Danny Fortson grew a big enough retro 1960s-style "afro", he'd get an
inch taller. Then David Stern would surely both annul the trade AND have
Dan Issel rushed to an emergency ward for a comprehensive brain scan.
How many 23-year-old second year players in the past 25 years have
averaged as high as 11.6 rebounds per game? Not even Dennis Rodman or
Charles Barkley or Hakeem Olajuwon, I would guess.

If Jim Rome (the dink-douche on TV) is "talking smack" about how Rick
Pitino acted "out of desperation", then this is surely a great trade for
us.

Call it "couch potato psychology", but I say Denver authorities need to
send out an All Points Bulletin to locate the "final piece" of Dan
Issel's brain. I don't care WHO the heck Issel thinks he's traded for, a
freaking 6-7, 210 pound, 37 mpg small forward who doesn't have instincts
to pass the ball or enter the paint and crash the boards is NOT going to
be the "final piece" for a team that laughably atrocious. When he tells
the press he'll wait a year to sign Mercer to mucho dinero, my reaction
is "get ready for another 7-to-1 shots-per-assist ratio from the
greatest mid-range shooter to ever hit .431 from the field".

By contrast, Rick Pitino is really keeping curiously quiet about this
particular trade. The last time Pitino gloated out loud about a trade
heist, Larry Brown pulled the rug straight out 48 hourd later by having
Dino Radja flunk his physical. Personally I pray that Popeye Jones' has
a structurally sound anterior cruciate ligament.

Joe