I'm biting my tongue until Rick's done.

I just returned from a little trip to Seattle. Haven't we had quite a time
while I was gone. I'd love to voice my opinion on this trade, but I'm going
to wait until Ricky's done. My least favorite quote from the following
article:

>>"They've talked to me a lot (about Walker)," Walsh said of the Celtics.
>>"It's a matter of how we would do it."

And then there's the very troubling:

So, from: http://ingame.starnews.com/pacers/99/aug/0804st_trade.html

>Pacers are involved in forward thinking

>Indianapolis Star/News

>INDIANAPOLIS (August 4, 1999) -- The Indiana Pacers are involved in trade
>discussions that could bring in former Los Angeles Clippers forward/center
>Lorenzen Wright or Boston Celtics small forward Antoine Walker, if not
>both.

>The general confusion that pervades the NBA marketplace, however, has
>prevented Pacers president Donnie Walsh from getting a clear picture of
>what it will take to execute a deal.

>"We're having a difficult time doing trades," Walsh said.

>The Celtics are shopping Walker, a former All-Star who has fallen out of
>favor with coach Rick Pitino, and have contacted the Pacers about a
>possible trade.

>Walsh said he had serious interest in a three-way deal that would have
>sent Walker to the Pacers, but it collapsed when the Celtics sent Ron
>Mercer to Denver on Tuesday.

>Walsh declined to identify who Boston might want, but a Celtics  official
>told The Boston Globe a potential trade probably would include Dale Davis.
>A Davis-for-Walker trade would fit within NBA restrictions. Walker, who
>turns 23 on Aug. 12, will be paid $9 million next season, and $71 million
>over the next six years. Davis will make  $4.94 million next season and
>$26 million over the next four seasons.

>The 6-9 Walker averaged 18.7 points and 8.5 rebounds last season, but his
>relationship with Pitino -- who coached him for two seasons at the
>University of Kentucky -- soured as the season progressed. According to
>newspaper accounts in Boston, the Celtics decided to trade Walker after he
>had an argument with assistant coach Jim O'Brien  about his off-season
>regimen.

>"They've talked to me a lot (about Walker)," Walsh said of the Celtics.
>"It's a matter of how we would do it."

>Walsh expressed interest in Walker before the draft on June 30. The
>Celtics, seeking a power forward,  offered Mercer for Antonio Davis and
>draft choices, but Walsh held out for Walker.

>Wright's status remains uncertain. The teams with room under their salary
>cap to sign free agents -- the Clippers, Chicago and Toronto -- have not
>made moves that take them to their limit, which would then make all other
>free agents available to the rest of the league for the various exceptions
>to the salary cap.

>The Clippers also could sign Wright to a contract negotiated by another
>team and then trade him to that team. Walsh rejected one trade offer from
>them because he was unwilling to give up the player they wanted. He would
>not identify that player.

>Contrary to reports, Walsh said it is unlikely a deal with the Clippers
>would include Pacers' backup point guard Travis Best, whom the Clippers
>pursued  last year when he was a free agent.

Paul M.