the trade and predictions

Put me down in favour of the trade. Dan Forant was right in a recent post:
it's harder to find a good power forward than a good shooting guard. As
much as I liked Mercer, and even with his all-star potential, solid
rebounding will help this team more than anything. Rebounding and defence
win ball games. Remember when we had a front line that averaged around 30
per game? And I think John was right, too: this trade is essentially Mercer
for Forston, Williams(es) and the pick - that's a damn sight better than
Samaki Walker and a pick. And I think I have to agree with someone else (I
forgot who) who said the Denver pick will turn out to be a good one; as
much talent as Denver may have, they're still Denver, and will do
whatever's necessary to NOT make the playoffs. Denver has been in the NBA
doghouse since the retirement of Alex English.

As far as predictions go: Theresa, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you
normally take predictions up until the start of the regular season (or is
it the start of the preseason)? There's a lot that can happen between now
and then - expect my prediction in October.

Cheers to all,

Pete