Re: I agree with Mishra...sort of

> Incidentally, I think that it's highly unlikely that the draft pick will end
 *up
> being low enough to be especially valuable.  Denver now has McDyess,
> LaFrentz, Billups, Van Exel, and Mercer, and are pretty well-stocked.  In
> a year or two, they will probably be a formidable team in the western
> conference.

My hope would be that they have trouble distributing their shots - LaFrentz
is effective against Western Conference centers because he draws them away
from the basket with his shooting skills, so he needs the ball - and we
know about the rest of them. And the Western Conference is tough to play
in; I would expect the Sonics to rebound from their disappointing season.
The conference overall seems to be benefitting from the rebuilding efforts
of Atlanta and Orlando.

My guess is that Denver will improve but not enough to make it out of the
lottery, and Boston grabs the pick as soon as possible.

Alex