It's Official

Let's hope this is Charlie Scott for Paul Silas II.

I will miss Ron Mercer, but I certainly wasn't looking forward to
another year of miserable ball-handling and bad shots in an effort to
justify a big payday.  Certainly Fortson won't need the ball to be
effective.

Message to Pitino and co:  DON'T TRADE ANTOINE.  WHENEVER YOU GET
TEMPTED TO DO SO, WATCH THE TAPE OF THE LAST MIAMI GAME AT THE FLEET.
I'm hoping that all of the negativity swirling around is Pitino's way
of getting Antoine motivated and mean for the upcoming season.  While I
like Paul Pierce, I can't believe he's ready to carry a team by himself
-- especially now that he has to adapt to a new position.  Let's see
how this new lineup goes.

I'm curious -- if Eric Williams is healthy enough to contribute points
off the bench, where does that leave Walter McCarty?  Also, if they
don't re-sign Riley, who backs up Potapenko?  Just Battie?  Fortson?

Right now my biggest concern is finding the letters "T-U-R-N" to
replace "M-E-R-C" on my two year old daughter's #5 jersey.

Michael Gooen