Re: draft picks

> From NBA.com
>
> ERIC WILLIAMS
>
> Selected by the Boston Celtics in the first round (14th pick overall) of the
> 1995 NBA Draft. Traded by the Celtics to the Denver Nuggets in exchange for
> second round draft picks in 1999 and 2001 on 8/21/97.
>
> CHRIS MILLS
>
> Traded by the Celtics with two conditional second-round draft choices to the
> New York Knicks for Dontae' Jones, Walter McCarty, John Thomas and Scott
> Brooks on 10/22/97.

The Knicks had a choice of taking any two picks from the four Celtics
second round picks (1998-2001) or the two Denver picks. They already
exercised one pick in 1998. My guess is that they take Denver's pick
this year.

There's also the Massenberg trade:

TONY MASSENBERG
Traded forward Tony Massenburg and a future second-round draft pick to
the Vancouver Grizzlies for forward Roy Rogers.

I believe that this pick was sometime in the rather distant future.

> So, I guess it depends which picks were given, and what the conditions were.
>   Anyone know what pick was given up for Chris Wallace?  Was that last
> year's, or did that go in the Mills trade.  Maybe we can piece this together
> one scrap of info at a time.

I think the Wallace deal was that Miami and Boston switched their second
rounders in 97.

So my conclusion would be that the Celtics have one second round pick
this year.

Alex