re:Pierce

The kid is showing some fire. :-)

------
Copyright BosHerald (Bullpett):

The Heat responded with a 16-2 run, closing the gap to seven points and
making things rather tense with 7:46 left. But Pierce hit four free
throws and drove for a hoop to settle things.

 ``Paul in a timeout was screaming. A rookie,'' Pitino said. ``He said,
`You've got to learn from the Detroit game (when they blew a 16-point
lead and lost). We can't lose this lead. Just remember what we learned
in the Detroit game.' And we did. We held tough, we didn't  panic and we
ran our offense.''

Pierce shrugged.

``Well, I wanted the ball,'' he said. ``I knew I had a smaller guy
(Keith Askins) on me and I wanted to get him the post. If I could get
him the post I knew I could either get fouled or score the bucket.''