Re: Thoughts on the Holley article

>> how far are we going with *Pitino's* signees like Bowen
>> McCarty, Garnett, Schintzius, Riley & Jones? They may be great to "tinker"
>> with, but how many of these players would crack a contending team's roster,
>> let alone the main rotation?
>
>Jeez, with the exception of McCarty, the rest are minimum salary, short
>term pickups to fill out the roster. You are really nitpicking here.
>In a few years, these roster spots will be filled with draft picks instead.
>For now, it makes no difference who's filling our injured list.
>
>Alex

Alex, we all hope these roster spots will eventually be filled with
something better. But, sorry, maybe KK and others on this list just aren't
sure how much better the replacements are going to be. McCarty and Popeye
got extensions, yes? Why? And concerning the Blazers, yes, before this year
they were considered a bunch of misfits with bad chemistry. However, before
this year they hadn't acquired Jim Jackson and Greg Anthony and didn't have
Damon for a full year. Hindsight is 20/20, but those three guys have made a
huge difference and I'd love to see Pitino pull off a couple of these moves
some day. He signed McCarty and Popeye to extensions...yes? Why?

Paul M.