No Subject

If Vin Baker is an unrestricted free agent, can he  sign a 1 million
dollar contract for one year. The following year, can we sign him for
bigger bucks and not hurt the salary cap.  If this is true.  The line up
below could be possible, if no one is traded.

Vitaly -		 Center 		 6"10"
Baker -		 Power Forward 	 6 "11"
Walker - 		Small Forward	 6 "9"
Mercer - 		Shooting  Guard 	 6  "7"
Anderson -	 Point Guard               6 "1"

Pierce 6th Man

I think I could coach this team and make the playoffs!!!!!  Why?  Because
I would adapt my style of coaching to the talent that I have. If I could
not press, then I would develop a hell of a half court defense.
Furthermore, I would take advantage of mis-matches on the offensive end,
sort of like the Pacers and the Jazz.  Remember that is how Celtic
basketball use to be (Taken advantage of mis-matches on the offensive
side of the ball).  When the 1999 playoffs end, the last team standing
will be the team that played great half court defense and could score in
their half court set.

Greg
gh18@juno.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]