Re: Ray must have missed this in The Globe today....

Ooohhh Kenny, don't take it too bad. The dough your making should heal your
hurts. It's just that you can't match skills with your resume.

At 03:25 PM 4/26/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Yes I saw this laughable puff piece in the Gloobe today.  If Anderson
>wants stability, I suggest he become a civil servant....
>Ray
>

>> Subject: Ray must have missed this in The Globe today....
>> Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 10:58:21 PDT
>> From: "Jim Meninno" <jim_meninno@hotmail.com>
>> To: celtics@igtc.com
>>
>> Kenny Anderson says he wants to play. But that's hard to do when you're
on the injured list, bothered by a sore right hamstring. ''It's not like I
can be the designated hitter,'' the Celtics point guard said yesterday.
Then he added, ''I could be the designated dribbler.''

>> Anderson said he also wants to stay. That becomes tough to imagine when
you are 28 and your stops already have included New Jersey, Charlotte,
Portland, Toronto, and Boston. ''I'm a little bitter over the way my career
has been,'' he said before the Celtics' 113-84 win over the Wizards. ''But
I'm not going to let it depress me.''

>> The reason for bitterness? Anderson thought he would stay with one team
- the Nets - after he left Georgia Tech. He said he looks at guys like John
Stockton and Gary Payton, players who have stayed with one team their
entire careers, and feels some envy.

>> He says he wants to stay here, too. There has been speculation that the
remaining four years and $31 million on his contract could be moved. But
Anderson, who probably has played his last game this season, doesn't want
that. He says he has moved enough. He wants some stability.