Re: Whither Kenny?

I would trade our point guards (Anderson & Barros) to the Knicks for their
point guards (Ward & Childs).  They might have to take someone like Ellison
too for the salaries to work.  I think Anderson is a better fit there and
that Ward & Childs would be a better fit here.  Then I'd keep Damon Jones in
place of Garnett to see how he develops.  He could end up making one of the
others expendable.

Ward is a pass first PG who can also hit the 3.  He is better suited to an
uptempo offense rather than the Knicks' halfcourt style.  Childs is a good
defender who would fit in better with the 2nd unit (and prefers to come off
the bench) and would add offense to a unit that lacks it.  Problem with
Childs is that he's a bigger whiner with the refs than Walker EVER was.
Childs contract has 2 more years I believe, while Ward's has 3.

Kenny is just what the Knicks (think they) need.  Of course if he tries to
take 18 shots there Sprewell might choke him!

This deal would enable us to trade Ron for a 4 or 5, although I like keeping
him and using Pierce as a 6th man in the Havlichek mold - swinging between
the 2 & 3.

George