Re:win streak

Shailendra Mishra wrote:

> But the games that we have won after Walker was injured are against
Chicago
> <minus Kukoc> and Washington who never came in to play. So, I wouldn't
read
> much into these victories, but one thing is evident that with Barros
and
> Jones at point the ball is moving much better. - Mishra

Actually, I think we are 2-3 without Antoine Walker, including the game
he left in the first quarter.

Other plausible theories:

1) The Celts are now 2-0 with Tony Battie as the starting power forward,
rather than season-long backup center. In fact, Battie has led the team
in rebounds for four straight games. BTW, thank goodness Rodney Rogers
is a FA this summer or else the Clippers swap might have still happened.
Also, isn't assaulting a police officer with a deadly weapon (the
Lincoln) a serious accusation. Do you think TB could be seeing any jail
time if convicted?
2) Actually, the Celtics seem to have a better record over the past two
years with Barros at the starting point guard rather than Kenny
Anderson. The Celtics' point guards obviously are shooting the ball well
lately. FWIW, I'll wait to receive my game videos, but I'm really not
sold on Damon Jones based on a NJ game I watched. While his "shoot
first" mentality can be blamed on the 10-day contracts, he seems like a
poor dribbler and a mediocre passer.
3) The Wiz/Generals are in a major slump, as is Chicago. Plus they
aren't that talented to begin with.

Also, remember that Antoine's replacement has been Walter McCarty, who
has many of AW's bad qualities (spazziness, poor shot selection) but few
of his strengths.

I'm really excited about the last two wins, though, and I hope it isn't
a last hurrah. Our remaining opponents either have our number (Detroit,
Milwaukee) or are among the hottest teams around (Miami and Charlotte).
Maybe we can beat the Knicks in Madison Square Garden, though. The Celts
have at least a day's rest between games the rest of the way. Some
surprise wins in a "spoiler" role would help this team as we enter the
off-season.

Joe