Re: Washington Win

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that there aren't CBA players
that have a future in the NBA. It's just that CBA stats don't mean
much. I'm sure there are many players who are putting up great
stats in the CBA who would be destroyed in the NBA, and just because
Jerome Lane gets 15 rebounds a game doesn't necessarily mean that
he could rebound at the NBA level. And there are evidently 29 NBA teams
that don't feel that Jerome Lane can help their team right now.
I just don't feel like you can expect Jerome Lane to come in and
bring us what Popeye Jones hasn't, based on his 15 CBA rebounds per
game.

If our own Damon Jones was the leading scorer in the CBA, that
is a pretty good illustration of my point. The guy is just not an
NBA scorer right now. Similarly, Bruce Bowen was evidently a big
time scorer in France but looks absolutely clueless against NBA
defenders.

Alex