Re: Remember Michael Smith?

He was a great shooter who couldn't play defense.  Red
drafted him because he was a white guy from a mormon
school (remember that fetish?) and actually said on
draft day that they hoped he would be another Larry.
The real Larry, after having watched Smith in practice
for a day or two, pronounced him "just another white
guy who can't run or jump."  Smith would awe his
teammates with his finesse abilities in practice, such
as banking off the shot clock, or throwing a football
through the length of the basket cross-court.  Give me
Derek Smith.