No Subject

"'I guess they're trying to show me they're not happy
with me...  Maybe they want someone else. I don't know
what it is to tell you the truth.  I'm still trying to figure
it out.  My concern is with the team right now, but at the
end of the year I'll deal with the situation.'"  So sayeth
Antoine.

Hmmmm.  The Bulls, one team that could take on Walker's contract,
currently are third in the draft, and could win the lottery,
putting the C's in position to draft Elton Brand, who would be
an upgrade over Walker at the power forward position.  Brand
might not have the overall skills of Antoine, but should provide
the Celtics with an inside scoring and rebounding presence.
Something the team currently lacks.

I think Brand is a Danny Fortson type with better hops and more
offensive oomph.  Last time I checked, Fortson was fifth or sixth
in rebounding at 10.7 per game, and Brand should furnish similar
numbers, and do a nice job of clogging the interior.

Or maybe Walker could be dealt for a point guard...
Ray