Sixer game

We very well could have won this game. The Sixers are solid defensively. It
looked like they were playing a zone in the first half. The C's should have
exploited it. But offensively, the Sixers are nothing more than Iverson and a
bunch of spares. Our defense was ok this game but we really lost this game
offensively. it seemed the game plan was to get Mercer or Pierce free outside
for a perimeter shot. Early on, Anderson missed Mercer open ahead of him on a
break just to get his shot blocked. Walker in the post was never the first
option. He was always the bail-out option where he had to try to beat his
player on the dribble and then settle for a defended jumper which he shoots a
poor percentage at. This is a bad game plan. The first option should be
geting Walker involved in the post, passing out in the double team and he
will take a few in and get a couple of hoops. Then he is happy and in the
game. If he doesn't get this, in the second half, he takes it to the hoop
regardless of the outcome. The crowd hates that and booes him. This is
getting out of hand. This isn't Walker's fault that they didn't get him
involved in the offense. It is either Pitino's or the point guard's
fault...Why do we have to have this garbage time in the last 3 minutes of the
first half? Pitino cleans out his bench during that point and expects whoever
is on the floor, that they will be able to play together. There was a eight
point swing to our deficet when he did that again...Well, we saw life without
a point guard again when Kenny went down. Barros just can't see well enough
to pass the ball when pressured. He then has to wait for a pick so he can try
to get off a shot. We knew backup point guard was a problem before the
season. Therefore, if we trade Anderson, we have to get one back and
hopefully a reserve one also...Pierce, who had a nice game, has to learn how
to post up. He just stands there with his arm out and the guy draped on his
back with just his profile to pass to. He rarely gets it in this situation.
He needs turn and get his body square with the guy behind him. It is a much
bigger target. I can't believe Pitino hasn't worked on this with
him...Vitally didn't have much of a impact. However, Pitino took him out a
minute after the game started. I thought he was saving him for Geiger but
there was a stretch in the second quarter where Geiger was in there and
Vitally was out. So I guess Pitino didn't like the matchup. Vitally needs to
work on using that nice footwork and pivoting for that sweet hook and less on
trying to dribble around his guy...Walter played some defense, rebounded well
and provided energy. However, he shouldn't be an option in this offense. He
jacked a early 3 and they tried to get him the ball in the post a couple of
times. I am a believer in certain guys taking the shots within the offense
and the rest of the guys getting their shots off rebounds and if the
shotclock is winding down. Walter shouldn't be the first option at anytime.
He only should be shooting within 10-15 feet of the basket...

DJessen33