Re: RUSSELL

Dorine wrote:

> “Living in the past”?  Maybe Russell and Tommy were reminiscing, but that's
> okay with me, Who has a better right?  Russell is in town because he's being
> honored for many things.  I believe he did this young team alot of good with
> his talk before the game.  Pitino thought so, too.  Anyway, they have a
> right to look back.  Would this team have won so many banners if not for
> Russell?  Do you have no respect for what came before?
>
> Anyway, I think you miss the point.  I'm willing to bet there were many
> thousands of people who enjoyed Russell's being there as much as I did.  I'm
> sure the radio guys were calling the game, but those of us who were watching
> it missed nothing going on in the game while we listened to this Icon of the
> Celtics.
>
> Some of you are very young, so I'll tell you something.  When you get older
> you'll be talking about this team, because you were there and you know.
> Remember, when that day comes, that I told you that.  :)
>
> Dorine
Great Post Dorine, couldn't have said it better. I for one remember and
am grateful for the opportunity not only to see the greatest player to
have ever played the game, but to listen to him reminisce and espouse
his thoughts on both the past and the present C's teams. We should all,
who are real Celtic fans respect him for what he did for this franchise.

Regards,
Hart