My take

on the sluggishness this mini-season.

I think we required a real training camp before our plusses could
outweigh our minuses in Coach Pitino's second year.  But all the
little things that deep, veteran teams could handle, we couldn't.

I think if Charlie Ward were our point, we would have developed a
smooth offense by now.  Plus, we could have defended decently.

I think Pitino is reluctant to make Mercer the 6th man in his
contract year.  If they can't sign him, they need his numbers and film
clips to look good for a trade.

With a veteran pf and a solid, low-turnover, defensive minded,
distributor point guard (that's not too much to ask) to back up Kenny,
I expect us to show nicely next year.  Plus, I expect us to finish
strong and develop a little team confidence.

Gene