From: Way Of The Ray [mailto:wayray@ix.netcom.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 07, 1999 12:14 PM
To: celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Re: Fwd: Doublespeak

Q. What word rhymes with Ron and signifies where he's going to be
next season?

A. Gone.

But it might not be as bad as people tend to think.  Here's a list of
players Pitino will be concentrating on, in return for Mercer and other
considerations:

- PJ Brown and Jamaal Mashburn
- Marcus Camby
- Afernee Hardaway and Bo Outlaw
- Juwan Howard
- Anthony Mason
- Antonio Davis
- Vancouver's Lottery pick = Elton Brand?
- Jason Caffey and Eric Dampier
- Maurice Taylor and Lorenzen Wright; Clippers Lottery pick
- Tom Gugliotta
- Brian Grant
- Vin Baker

I would think one or two of the above will be headed to Boston for
Mercer,
if he's dealt.
Ray

> Subject: Doublespeak
> Date: Wed, 07 Apr 1999 10:32:18 -0800
> From: peter delevett <pdelevett@amcity.com>
> To: Celtics <Celtics@igtc.com>
>
> >[Chris Wallace] on extending Ron Mercer's contract:
>
> >"We plan to do everything possible to re-sign Ron at a salary level which
> > makes sense for the Celtics.
>
> That is some of the ugliest and most transparent corporate doublespeak
I've