Personalities

Is it any wonder that there is no player leading the Celtics these days?

Most of the guys on this team have quiet personalities and should be still playing in college. They are dominated by a coach who is anything but quiet.

I think Mercer will leave if given the chance. Here's a guess (so don't flame me or ask how I know what he's thinking) He knows that an NBA career is only so long and he's tired of the Pitino/Walker show. He doesn't have a stomach for the losing and turmoil and would just as soon contribute to a more psychologically sound team. The grass is always greener and he may end up in a worse situation. Worse yet, he may become a Celtic-killer in the future if traded. I also think he will be shopped heavily especially after signing an extension. He's huge trade bait and I was watching the RP show and he DID say that he wants to shift Walker to 3 and Pierce to 2. Ron was not mentioned. Red flag.

Years playing basketball: I was listening to the "fellowship of the miserable (FOM)" yesterday on my way back from Easter in Maine (GO BLACK BEARS WHO ARE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPS and my ALMA MATER!!!!!) sorry- a little aside - and a caller made this point:

Even though AW has played in the NBA for three years, he does not have the same number of years playing basketball as another NBA 3rd year player who stayed in school till his senior year. He will NEVER have it. I never thought about it that way.

Theresa