QUESTIONS

Some observations for whatever they're worth.

Can't remember in all these years when the assistant coaches have been so
invisible.  I have no idea who these guys are or what their functions are.
They are strangers.  If that has ever been true of a Celtics
organization/team in the past I certainly don't remember it.  Nobody ever
interviews them - perhaps it's the way Rick wants it - he dictates, they
work.

Throughout today's game I could hear him screaming.  If I were a player I
would be sick and tired of that.  Yes, once in awhile other coaches yell
something, but this guy never shuts up. If he's such a good coach, why
doesn't he design plays?  All he does when they come in for a time out or a
quarter is talk, talk, talk!

Why do teams get the rebound and throw it the length of the court, where
they have a man waiting for the easy shot and there's no Celtic in the area
to defend?  Bad playing or bad coaching?

I may get flamed for this, but it's what I've thought since the beginning of
Pitino's reign with the Celtics and it hasn't changed a bit.  Now writers
and others are saying the same thing.  Rick made a huge mistake when he let
all our free agents go to get Banana Boy.  If we'd had Fox and Wesley, say,
who had that great work ethic and the personalities to go with it, this team
would be far better off.

Antoine Walker's problems are partly the result of his huge opinion of
himself and his not being hesitant to tell everyone how great he is.  But he
has matured in many ways this year and I'll give him credit for that.  I
never said he wasn't talented, but I do think he's badly coached.  One
example of Pitino's contributing to Walker's problems is his favoring him,
i.e., saying he's the only one who doesn't have to stay in the area over the
summer because he has a daughter.  Excuse me?  With all the money they're
paying him, he could fly to Chicago every weekend or set his child and her
mother up in a condo for the summer in Boston.  Pitino is saying only the
Captain of the team doesn't have to stay here?  There's something very wrong
with that, particularly since RP was very incensed when Walker didn't attend
the rookie camp last summer.

I have alot more opinions in the same vein, but you get my drift.  We do
need a couple of good, veteran leaders on this team, and we need a new
coach, too.

Dorine